Author Topic: RJ info line...  (Read 8650 times)

g.miller

RJ info line...
« on: April 25, 2004, 03:50:00 AM »
 ???interested in robot jones??
Well, sadly this series  initially had a computer doing Robot jones' voice, yet the network felt that was too weird for the 'public' to handle.. so sadly the creator of the show left the production (due to the voice change and other countless insulting executive decisions by thew network executives...) the voice was re-dubbed by a sassy hollywood-esques kid, and sadly the innocent idea of robot jones was pooped-apon by big business TV and the simple idea of an innocent robot trying to understand humans was ultimately killed by lack of support from the network.
If you have episodes of the cartoon with the original voice: CONGRATULATIONS!
You got to see the show in it's semi-pure form. If you have never seen the cartoon with the original voice, I weep for you. But there is a glimmer of hope: the cartoon network site (in it's lack of interest for the show) has left original snippets of the show with the original voice on it's website. Go to the site, search for "Whatever Happened To Robot Jones?" and look at 'clips' of the show. There are 2 clips, one containing a clip from the second pilot with 'RJ' speaking in his original voice.
Thanks for the support, and keep your eyes open for fun cartoons: they exist,  you just need to use a little effort...

Offline Cubey

• Administrator
  • Octopede
  • hmm..
    • Illiop.com
Re: RJ info line...
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2004, 09:36:50 AM »
I've only ever seen the re-dubbed episodes. I began recording them like crazy when I discovered the series. None too soon. They pulled it when I had most of the eps recorded. Personally I like the redubbed voice. Someone told me that Robot's original voice was similiar (if not just like) dad unit's. That would get pretty annoying having to listen to for half an hour.

Offline Amy1000

• Bounder
  • free to enjoy
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2004, 11:33:05 PM »
 ???This show was shown so briefly i never even got to see one episode! I live in the UK so maybe it was shown less here. Well i have a philosophy that one day everything will be repeated.....i just have to live long enough.

Offline Crispy

• Bounder
  • [       ] <--This blank intentionally spaced left.
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2004, 02:04:21 PM »
Unfortunatly, I missed all but a couple episodes, before it went off the air. V_V I still miss the chace I had to watch, when I passed it up 'cause I didn't know what it was about.

Maybe CN will bring it back, sometime in the future? Summer's coming up, and thier programming schedule should change because kids'll all be at home all day.
May Flights of Dragons see THee through Thy Slumbers
~The Cirspy Druid's Blessing

May the Gods stand between you and Darkness in all the Empty Places you must walk.
~ An Ancient Egyptian Blessing

Offline Cubey

• Administrator
  • Octopede
  • hmm..
    • Illiop.com
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2004, 07:42:01 AM »
Unfortunatly, I missed all but a couple episodes, before it went off the air. V_V I still miss the chace I had to watch, when I passed it up 'cause I didn't know what it was about.

Maybe CN will bring it back, sometime in the future? Summer's coming up, and thier programming schedule should change because kids'll all be at home all day.

It was basically about a robot boy who has to try to sucessfully "interface" with humans and fails miserabley a lot of the time.

From what I've heard there is one more season of eps to be aired this fall and then that's it. The creator had too many conflicts with CN changing everything so rather than do the show CN's way, the created pulled it, or something like that. :-/

Offline SeconteenXD

• Bounder
  • Teh Seconteen
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2005, 07:32:52 PM »
It is back! It comes on during the Cartoon Cartoon show sometimes. I saw it twice on there. I've seen every episode, I have heard the original voice before also. ^^ The sad thing about it is that it doesn't come on a lot. it is kinda rare. I don't get to see it. TT_TT I'm at school during the day.
I Love Robot Jones

Offline Cubey

• Administrator
  • Octopede
  • hmm..
    • Illiop.com
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2005, 11:55:11 PM »
I don't have CN anymore.  :(

Offline logan123

• Bounder
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2006, 08:40:13 AM »
It's hard to catch robot jones on the cartoon cartoon show but you can check CN's schedule on there website and checkout the information of each show and then you could record or just watch it.

Offline flanfan1

• Bounder
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2007, 12:24:33 PM »
I haven't seen it in 3 years and i miss it!!!!!   :'(  but maybe robot jones will come on soon :)

Offline flanfan1

• Bounder
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2007, 03:43:21 PM »
I REALLY MISS THIS SHOW! :'( but if you go on youtube.com, you can see some clips...

Offline flanfan1

• Bounder
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2007, 03:58:47 PM »
oh yeah and on cartoon network.com they have a flash game pleese cheak i could be wrong. so cheak. PLEESE!  ;D

Offline Agent Spectre

• Bounder
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2007, 11:09:33 PM »
I've been a fan of this show ever since the "Big Pick" days, and was utterly disheartened when Robot Jones didn't win.
Just my luck, It eventually got picked up anyway... but then crashed.

The show was awesome to say the least. The character of Robot Jones is one that will forever remain in my heart... he was sweet and innocent and best of all -  a robot. After all.. I was never one to understand Humans either- I could relate.

After the re-dub though, I could not watch the show. It was THAT offensive.
The computer voice they used for Jones was pure and sweet, not at all annoying or weird. It was perfect.
To this day I'm very mad at the person who's decision it was to change the voice of, and there by destroy the essence of Robot Jones. 

Offline Cubey

• Administrator
  • Octopede
  • hmm..
    • Illiop.com
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2007, 11:35:41 PM »
I actually can't stand the original Robot Jones voice. It grinds on my nerves.  :-\

Offline Robot Jones

• Fob
  • Order. Efficiency. Order. Efficiency.
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2017, 06:57:26 PM »
???interested in robot jones??
Well, sadly this series  initially had a computer doing Robot jones' voice, yet the network felt that was too weird for the 'public' to handle.. so sadly the creator of the show left the production (due to the voice change and other countless insulting executive decisions by thew network executives...) the voice was re-dubbed by a sassy hollywood-esques kid, and sadly the innocent idea of robot jones was pooped-apon by big business TV and the simple idea of an innocent robot trying to understand humans was ultimately killed by lack of support from the network.
If you have episodes of the cartoon with the original voice: CONGRATULATIONS!
You got to see the show in it's semi-pure form. If you have never seen the cartoon with the original voice, I weep for you. But there is a glimmer of hope: the cartoon network site (in it's lack of interest for the show) has left original snippets of the show with the original voice on it's website. Go to the site, search for "Whatever Happened To Robot Jones?" and look at 'clips' of the show. There are 2 clips, one containing a clip from the second pilot with 'RJ' speaking in his original voice.
Thanks for the support, and keep your eyes open for fun cartoons: they exist,  you just need to use a little effort...
I know this is an incredibly old post, but could this have possibly been the real Greg Miller? He uses the exact same expression to describe the Bobby Block voice as Greg did in this 2013 interview.
https://www.facebook.com/OperationRobotJones/posts/555286887825999
Make Robot Jones Great Again