Poll

Well?

Yes! Bring the show back, no matter what!
0 (0%)
Hell no! Let it rest in peace.
0 (0%)
ONLY if Greg Miller is involved, otherwise it can go die.
4 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Would you want a Robot Jones revival?  (Read 181 times)

Offline Robot Jones

• Fob
  • Order. Efficiency. Order. Efficiency.
Would you want a Robot Jones revival?
« on: February 02, 2017, 12:05:01 AM »
Let's imagine that, purely as a hypothetical scenario (because that's probably all it will ever be), Cartoon Network decides to bring back Whatever Happened... Robot Jones?, either as a continuation of the old series or a full reboot. How would you react, thrill or crippling terror? Because for me, unless it was explicitly made clear that Greg Miller would be involved and have creative control, I'd be utterly terrified to see the result. I really, really want the show to get more recognition, but CN's recent reboots have been thoroughly terrible.

Your thoughts, fellow WHtRJ fans?
Make Robot Jones Great Again

Offline Kartoonfanatic

• Fob
Re: Would you want a Robot Jones revival?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 02:48:51 AM »
Not only would a non-Miller reboot probably go off the rails like Season 2, especially near the end of those episodes, but the reboot's entire purpose for existing would be entirely different than what the original show was trying to accomplish. The reboot would only exist to put a cute little school-going robot onscreen who occasionally gets into comedic blunders. It would miss the anger and heartbreak of the character beneath that veil of comedy.
Not to mention reboots minus-creator tend to be a giant spit in the face for that creator: Craig McCracken was pretty unhappy knowing PPG was going to be revived because he ended it after the 6th season or with a very firm belief all the stories that could be told with this set-up had been done. He didn't know if it was going to be "good" or "bad." All he knew was that they were forcefully continuing a story he wrote and finished--like if The Little Mermaid the film came out in Anderson's time, and they told him, "By the way, not only does she live at the end, but she's going to have a human-wanna-be-mermaid daughter at the end." I don't think Anderson would be chill about that. Especially because the story came from a very personal part of himself. And I think that might be the key differences between moments in RJ that feel like nothing but comedy, and others that pack a punch at your emotions. As a reboot, CN would go for the former.

Offline PajamaFrix

• Bounder
  • Jones the Robot
    • Official Website (Dead by now.)
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 10:09:25 PM »
As long as the show doesn't fall into obscurity just like the PPG reboot did. Plus with retro stuff being revived (such as the Nokia 3310 for an example,) It should possibly happen.
This does NOT COMPUTE!

Offline Robot Jones

• Fob
  • Order. Efficiency. Order. Efficiency.
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 10:20:54 PM »
As long as the show doesn't fall into obscurity just like the PPG reboot did. Plus with retro stuff being revived (such as the Nokia 3310 for an example,) It should possibly happen.
The PPG reboot hasn't really fallen into obscurity, rather it's been paraded everywhere as a shiny monument of pure awfulness (and for good reason).
Make Robot Jones Great Again