Author Topic: Original Voice Episodes! (Need tech help)  (Read 1347 times)

Offline Kartoonfanatic

• Fob
Original Voice Episodes! (Need tech help)
« on: May 06, 2016, 01:11:27 PM »
Hey there everybody, I'm sorry the Robot Jones forum has been dead for a while, I've been trying to start some conversation on deviantart without much luck. but I'm chatting with someone who has been able to move some MORE original voice episodes from VHS onto his computer. However, he can't upload the episodes onto Vimeo w/o a paid account due to file size, or something.

"I tried to upload one episode. It was 10 to 11 minutes long, 2.63 GB.

But it said can't upload due going over the limit which said I had 500MB/week capacity. Recommends to get an upgrade of having more GB. I could afford to buy the upgrades. They're not that expensive but I don't have enough money for that right now. So it is still possible to get them on Vimeo."

He said he cut up the film into individual episodes. I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to convert the file size to something that Vimeo will take w/o having to pay for a full account. I was hoping if I asked around somebody would know.

Cheers,

Kartoonfantic

Offline PajamaFrix

• Bounder
  • Jones the Robot
    • Official Website (Defunct as of 2016.)
Re: Original Voice Episodes! (Need tech help)
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 04:24:55 PM »
Heard about it too.

Since I am a tech geek, I know a way that he can upload them to Vimeo:

The only way he can upload the OV episodes to Vimeo is NOT to use gigabytes/GB.In order to upload them, he's going to have to re-record the episodes in 480p or 360p instead of 1080p or 720p (possibly the default setting.) In which doesn't use gigs, instead it uses megs. (MB)
the j

Offline Robot Jones

• Fob
  • Order. Efficiency. Order. Efficiency.
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 06:37:54 PM »
Alright, so, things didn't work out quite as planned, but we did manage to get pretty much all of OV Season 1 onto the Internet now. Yay.
Make Robot Jones Great Again

Offline Wer wie was

• Bounder
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 03:44:15 PM »
Bad news, Vimeo had recently caught on with NickDanielson's account (the one who uploaded MORE of the original Season 1 original voice eps) and took down all of his original voice videos. See? That's why I HATE Vimeo. They strictly allow uploads of no nothin' but ORIGINAL WORK, and now they're going after mounds and MOUNDS of copyright crap, screwin' up our uploads of LOST MEDIA! Damn Vimeo, drivin' me pissed off...

Well, I put up a Google Drive download link to all the Season 1 original voice episodes, this time with the crappy camera-recorded audio now spliced into the HQ TV recordings...
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3bfMI5ZZEpGX2JYNnVLYllNMnM

And SCREW CN, we don't have control over WHERE the Robot Jones episodes go! So someone hurry up, download ALL of these original voice episodes, because if they end up getting deleted, they're gone forever unless someone saves it in time.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 03:50:34 PM by Wer wie was »