Author Topic: Beignets From Louisianna  (Read 2247 times)

Offline Princessofdarkness

• Bounder
Beignets From Louisianna
« on: July 14, 2014, 10:41:06 PM »
Okay, so we know that gold is formed in the earth and could never be made by man, especially from buttermilk. Poor Tweeg tried though, and all he could come up with was beignets. I saw a you tube video once of a girl trying to make Tweeg's recipe but having no deep fryer, as the recipe recommended,it forced her to bake the beignets in the oven, which may be better for you health-wise, but I don't really think "baking" would bring out the true "beignet" flavor. Of course, being from Georgia (that's Russian, by the way,not the USA.) instead of New Orleans,I can't really say that I'm an authority on how a real Louisianna beignet is supposed to taste. My mom found a recipie once in a magazine, but the ones she made tasted like carnival funnel cakes. If think you can find a better recipe, or have some pointers for me on how to make the perfect beignets,post your ideads here.

Offline Cubey

• Administrator
  • Octopede
  • hmm..
    • Illiop.com
Re: Beignets From Louisianna
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 12:35:02 AM »
What on earth are you talking about?

• Bounder
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 06:11:27 PM »
hummm, You are obviously not from Loisianna, Look, google "beignets" on Wikipedia, you''l find out what I mean. SHHHEEEEEEESSSSH!!!

Offline Cubey

• Administrator
  • Octopede
  • hmm..
    • Illiop.com
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 10:47:33 PM »
I think you want to post about this on a cooking forum.

• Bounder
And where do I find one of those SMARTY PANTS!!!???
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2014, 09:46:53 PM »
I thought they would fit in the cattergory here, since Tweeg tried to made them once in an attempoti9oy to make GOLD frombuttermilkj!!!!! JEEESUSS cHRIST  YOU OLDS sTICK IN THEM AUMUD!!!!!!!!!!! :P