Author Topic: Favorite Screenshots! (Up for Discussion)  (Read 6019 times)

Offline Kartoonfanatic

• Fob

Offline Robot Jones

• Fob
  • Order. Efficiency. Order. Efficiency.
Re: Favorite Screenshots! (Up for Discussion)
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2017, 06:53:33 PM »
So, I took some more screenshots, 'cause why not.

Looks like he wants to fucking die.

Now he really looks like he wants to fucking die.

And look at how confident he appeared mere seconds prior!

Robot's facial expression here vaguely reminds me of the Brave Little Toaster title character for some reason.

I think the remote-like thing coming out of his mouth is his version of a tongue? It looks considerably less human-like than the one in Garage Band, maybe they "upgraded" him.

Shannon's facial expression looks vaguely seductive here. I think she wants cock (more on that later).

Hair has so many rape faces.

No comment.

These are from the original pilot and Garage Band respectively, odd how they kept the appearance of his underside so consistent despite the distance between those episodes. You see that hatch towards the front? I'm not saying he definitely has a cock, but if he does, that's where it'd come out from.
Make Robot Jones Great Again

Offline Kartoonfanatic

• Fob
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2017, 08:37:11 PM »
1) That first one did look oddly sad, for what he was about to do. Then the smirk he makes after that implies to me that he's going to have sex with the Scantron or something, not get more answer sheets.

2) He's moody. :3

3) Robot: "Actually McMcMc, I, believe you meant to say that you are a cockhead."

I also hate how one of the few spelling mistakes I made on the captions shows up here. -_-

Offline Robot Jones

• Fob
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2017, 03:26:23 AM »

"A-ah, STOP!"

Offline Robot Jones

• Fob
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2017, 04:59:36 PM »
This is a screenshot from Family Vacation; it's the scene where Robot extends his neck and sticks his head into the van to escape the biker leader. I'm posting it here because of how damn briefly it's onscreen, like, "blink and you'll miss it" levels of speed.

Offline Robot Jones

• Fob
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2017, 10:55:26 PM »
Alright, so these aren't going to be representative of my favorite screenshots, but I'm bored, so I thought after my recent villains thread and one-episode characters thread, I may as well post shots of some of the less prominent characters from the show in here, just so they're online and easily accessible in case the need for that ever arises. I'll also provide a bit of commentary, as I usually do. Let's peel the band-aid off quick and start with Gender.

AW YEAH

EZ YA BOI

SO COOL HE ONLY NEEDS ONE SCENE

THE MOST COMPETENTLY UTILIZED CHARACTER IN HISTORY---STEEEEEEEEEVE
Jokes aside, this guy looks more and more like a Columbine shooter wanna-be whenever I see him. I have no idea why Socks, Mitch and Cubey like him so much, or why the episode's plot felt the need to turn them into misogynistic bullies when they'd already established Steve.

OH NO OH NO WATCH OUT HE'S REMOVING HIS GLASSES

Why are these two shots so intense? I mean, look at them. Coupled with Steve removing his glasses, it looks like he's about to assault Robot, or something.

Don't worry about Steve's shirt guys, he has plenty with how far into the closet he lives.

My favorite part about this is the smug smile spread across Mitch's face as he observes the sacred shirt-stomping ritual. "Yes Steve, please continue freaking Robot out, this is the sort of thing I see in role models which inspires me."

In fairness, this is basically how I reacted when I watched Gender for the first time.

Robot's soul is being ripped out of his body by how bad this episode is.

I'm so glad that Shannon never appears in this episode and that Pam was given the spotlight in this big obligatory boys vs. girls episode instead, because Pam is such a likable character that everyone can relate to.

"Maybe we can get it to help us with our project."
Sarcasm aside, it really is incredibly messed up that Pam called Robot that. Even the Yogmans, Principal Madman and Mister McMcMc have enough respect for Robot to refer to him as "he", "him", etc. and not "it". Oh, and that's consistent because Pam is heard calling Robot "it" in Electric Boogaloo as well. Speaking of consistency...

Don't y'all ever tell me that this show doesn't have continuity; Pam farting and blaming it on Robot is so obviously a clever callback to Embarrassment! We're ending the Gender screenshots on a high note, fellas.

I'll make a post for more of the minor characters later. In the meantime, here's some more robotic goodness with Robot having buzz saws for hands, getting brain freeze and being blue (though only two of those are overlapping).

From PU To PE, Hookie 101 and The Yogmans Strike Back respectively.

Offline Robot Jones

• Fob
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2017, 11:11:35 PM »
You'll have to forgive me for double-posting, but:

Offline Robot Jones

• Fob
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2017, 04:21:01 AM »
This obviously isn't from an actual episode, but it's worth immortalizing because ThE cRiMinAL bLacK is the hero we need and deserve.

And people say that no one has fond memories of the show.

Offline Kartoonfanatic

• Fob
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2017, 01:03:36 AM »
This obviously isn't from an actual episode, but it's worth immortalizing because ThE cRiMinAL bLacK is the hero we need and deserve.

And people say that no one has fond memories of the show.

This made me smile more than it should have due to how rare a comment like this is. I kinda hope Miller sees this.

Offline Kartoonfanatic

• Fob
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2017, 02:30:15 AM »
SO COOL HE ONLY NEEDS ONE SCENE
THE MOST COMPETENTLY UTILIZED CHARACTER IN HISTORY---STEEEEEEEEEVE
Jokes aside, this guy looks more and more like a Columbine shooter wanna-be whenever I see him. I have no idea why Socks, Mitch and Cubey like him so much, or why the episode's plot felt the need to turn them into misogynistic bullies when they'd already established Steve.

I think you laid it on there a tinsey bit thick there, old pal. With that wannabe Columbine shooter thing.
I'm pretty sure Steve is a character that, like Mitch, Cubey, and even Socks, started off as a background character that had little importance or established traits, but who was set up to be referred to again in later episodes. They have a character just like this in a lot of cartoons from this period, the one that comes to mind in particular is Recess's gossip kid, seen here:

The role of the Gossip Kid (that's literally his most official title on the show, if you don't count his actual name), is to slither out of the shadows, scare the main kids with some exaggerated story of something or someone they have to deal with, then slither back and never be seen again for that episode. You know what I mean? That's basically Steve, just in fourth grade. Angelica of Rugrats is also a part-time Gossip Kid. She'll tell the babies more about something they are unsure about, and it'll be exaggeratedly false, but she gets enjoyment out of them panicking about the unknown. Steve here is just a smug 8th grader who acts like he knows more about stuff because he's in 8th grade and these boys and Robot are in 6th and 7th grade. Or he's smug because he's (claimed to have) had more experience with girls. The part that's throwing me off is that he seems to have a legitimate issue with girls from a previous relationship not working out. He's not spinning a yarn about how girls are all evil just to spook the boys and watch them freak out. His ripping his shirt off and throwing it on the ground and stomping on it means he's legitimately angry. So I think that's where his role as the Gossip kid archetype gets blurry. He's got actual experience, but he's still an unreliable source of wisdom in that he is biased.

I'm so glad that Shannon never appears in this episode and that Pam was given the spotlight in this big obligatory boys vs. girls episode instead, because Pam is such a likable character that everyone can relate to.
Yeah, there are definitely positives and negatives for Shannon not existing in this episode. A point for her sake in that I want her to have been a become a more developed and sympathetic character later on. This would have definitely made things more complicated. It's two bad she became so flanderized. Whereas Pam is slowly being developed in the opposite direction, and that's alright as long as the episode acknowledges her as the villain, and if there's anything you can say here, is that SHE IS CLEARLY THE VILLAIN HERE. (Nobody on tumblr will ever see this, but I thought I should make that said.)

Don't y'all ever tell me that this show doesn't have continuity; Pam farting and blaming it on Robot is so obviously a clever callback to Embarrassment! We're ending the Gender screenshots on a high note, fellas.

Yeah, despite that being a really awkward climax to a really awkward episode, at least there was a callback. And the strange thing about it is that I didn't even realize what the hell just happened the first few times I watched this episode. All I understood was the girls were suddenly grossed out by Robot landing on Pam and left. I honestly thought something dirty was implied by that the first time I saw this episode, because the fart sequence was so fast and random... yeah. This episode...

I'll make a post for more of the minor characters later. In the meantime, here's some more robotic goodness with Robot having buzz saws for hands, getting brain freeze and being blue (though only two of those are overlapping).

From PU To PE, Hookie 101 and The Yogmans Strike Back respectively.
All I got to say is, Robot is damn cute when he is sipping that Slurpee--I mean "Super Cooler."

Offline Robot Jones

• Fob
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2017, 03:59:42 AM »
Well everyone, I've got some new material for you all now. Not screenshots, but GIFs.
http://i.imgur.com/lOGDtZx.gifv

The first one is long enough that Imgur considers it a video instead, so I'll have to leave it as a link. There may be more on the way.

Offline ChesterNoll

• Bounder
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2017, 10:23:44 AM »

he he he I love this one.

Offline Robot Jones

• Fob
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2017, 05:07:23 PM »

he he he I love this one.
I beat you to the punch on posting that. :P Still, it's good. Now then, the GIFs...

Special thanks to Imgur and Giphy, this post would not have been possible without them.