Author Topic: Forum updates  (Read 2251 times)

Offline Cubey

• Administrator
  • Octopede
  • hmm..
    • Illiop.com
Forum updates
« on: September 24, 2013, 06:33:08 PM »
In an effort to help bring some life back to this forum, I got rid of the non-cartoon boards (except this one). Now this will be ONLY a cartoon/animation forum! As of this post, so far I have only added one new board, for 1921-1942 Fleischer Studios animation. I will be slowly adding more boards I feel are worthy of being here.

I am open to suggestions for additional boards as well. Drop a reply in this thread.

In an effort to bring it more up to date, seeing as how this forum was created around 2003, I have installed an automatic embed package so now you simply have to paste a YouTube URL and it will automatically embed, assuming the video's permissions allow it. This will also work with other sites including, but not limited to MetaCafe and Vimeo.

EDIT

Okay, I have already broken my own rule... slightly. There is a non-animation category, but it's still going to be exclusively for kids shows that may have had animation shown in it (or not). Such shows include Pee-Wee's Playhouse and Sid & Marty Kroft series.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 06:55:17 PM by Cubey »

Offline Cubey

• Administrator
  • Octopede
  • hmm..
    • Illiop.com
Re: Forum updates
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 07:31:14 PM »
I ended up upgrading the forum... and now my nice old theme no longer works. *sigh*

I am working on finding a better theme... in the mean time, please put up with this dorky default one for now..

Edit:

New theme installed, slowly working on it... I think it looks great but I want to hear some thoughts from you guys.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 08:41:41 PM by Cubey »