Author Topic: Robot Jones Complete Series (HQ + original voice) Google Drive download  (Read 1528 times)

Offline Wer wie was

• Bounder
Hey guys, I figured I'd put this up here as a gift for Robot Jones' 15th Anniversary...

I got all the sought-after Robot Jones episodes in DVD-quality (and with the Word98 original voice of all the Season 1 eps) up on a Google Doc for download. These can make perfect for a DVD.
The whole folder was originally 15 GB when I wanted to keep all my encodes in the original format (each episode was like, 500-600 MB when I wanted to retain the best quality without compression), but I experienced an issue with the "Math Challenge" video being processed on there. So I had to go back and compress every episode down to 80-100 MB to reduce the size of the whole folder to only 2 GB. The good quality in these videos should still be the same as before without any loss.

The majority of these episodes have been ripped off of Latin-Spanish and/or Portuguese video sources from Tooncast. So here ya go: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3bfMI5ZZEpGaXJVd1RQczJHQU0
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 12:38:15 PM by Wer wie was »

Offline Kartoonfanatic

• Fob
Re: Robot Jones Complete Series (HQ + original voice) Google Drive download
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 10:24:12 PM »
I downloaded a copy of all these episodes, so now there are at least two different sets of the entire series. Thanks for the effort you put into this.

Offline Wer wie was

• Bounder
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 01:50:37 PM »
You're welcome.  ;)

Offline Wer wie was

• Bounder
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 02:10:57 PM »
And I forgot to make note that my Tooncast copies of these episodes are better than Cubey's VHS rips because "Sickness" and the last four Season 2 episodes are in much better video quality from the Tooncast rips than from Cubey's VHS rips (though I wish the same for the audio).

Offline Mattos

• Bounder
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 09:19:45 AM »
That's awesome. Has it been 15 years already? Man, time flies. Can you buy the DVD somewhere by the way?

Offline Wer wie was

• Bounder
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2017, 02:47:06 PM »
The DVD that someone made is on eBay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Whatever-Happened-to-Robot-Jones-Complete-Series-DVD-Season-1-2-Cartoon-Network/292323158386?hash=item440fd16972:g:8uUAAOSwTm9aA4eq

I also made one myself, but using Latin-Spanish/Portuguese rips taken from Tooncast. I used the original voice audio for the S1 eps, also.

Offline Kartoonfanatic

• Fob
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2017, 02:19:19 PM »
As far as whoever made the DVD goes, I'd be a little scared. Downloading the episodes that are completely unavailable is one thing, but putting out an illegal DVD is pretty ballsy. Though I'm surprised this is the first time I've ever seen someone make the attempt. Hope CN doesn't come crashing down on them.

Offline Wer wie was

• Bounder
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2018, 05:22:11 PM »
As far as whoever made the DVD goes, I'd be a little scared. Downloading the episodes that are completely unavailable is one thing, but putting out an illegal DVD is pretty ballsy. Though I'm surprised this is the first time I've ever seen someone make the attempt. Hope CN doesn't come crashing down on them.

Ooh boy. Looks like someone who made that DVD might get threatened by CN for putting that DVD out there. Well, I'm not putting my DVD out there as I only use it for private fan purposes only and I don't make a profit off it and don't sell it on any marketing platforms. But I think someone out there leaked his own Robot Jones Complete Series onto eBay because he/she knew that CN had no intention of releasing the show's episodes anytime soon. Here's one simple little thing: Just because your favorite TV show is lost and/or unreleased doesn't automatically mean you can make a bootleg DVD out of it and sell it out there, it's still illegal. Those who tried to put lost shows on DVD and market them out there can and have gotten sued for it. I remember that Masumi Jun got threatened for leaking Doraemon 1973 clips online, and I really doubt someone who worked at CTW Archives could've got threatened for leaking all those Sesame Street Season 1-12 shows (1969-1981) onto the Internet, hence Sesame Workshop was going around YouTube blocking so many full episodes and even some inserts (all of which were believed by many to have been rare or impossible to find over decades).
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 05:24:07 PM by Wer wie was »

Offline Kartoonfanatic

• Fob
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2018, 06:15:08 PM »
Ooh boy. Looks like someone who made that DVD might get threatened by CN for putting that DVD out there....

Well... fuck. But TBH, they had it coming. Hopefully CN didn't actually sue them. Where'd you hear about this update?

Offline Wer wie was

• Bounder
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2018, 01:35:53 AM »
It's not an update. It's just a prediction I had ahead of time. Research on copyright laws regarding leaking movies online, I think.